Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cruise control

There is something about following behind someone who is obviously using cruise control that makes me irrationally impatient and irritated. I get a similar feeling when I listen to music and I "feel" that the drums are automated.

The issue here is why would a woman who always drives the speed limit and rarely changes lanes, care if she is following a car going a rational 65 miles per hour if SHE is also driving 65 miles an hour? And why, if this same woman is so musically impaired that she can't carry a tune, should she care about an alleged mechanical drum beat? And how are these two things related?

1 comment:

Ada said...

It is SO funny. I think of you as such an easy going non-confrontational, non-judgmental gal... all life is precious, there is good in everyone kind of gal. So when something annoys the heck out of you... it... well, makes me laugh.