Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dilema...




So. Here is my latest project gone wrong. I have a white futon in the work room/play room - it looks nice, but it is sort of impractical..so I decided to make pillow and seat covers that can be washed.


Sadly, sometimes perfectly good visions do not transition into real life. I bought material that went well together and that I liked and still like. I spent several hours on the pillow covers and thought they turned out kind of nice. THEN I made the seat cushion and....oh yuk! Christmas in July! Who would have known?



So now I am stuck with deciding to keep part of it, scrap it all or try something different all together.


I tried it with just the pillows and the white seat cushion - it might be ok but seems to need something.


I tried a small green pillow - even that small touch of green jars the senses.


Maybe a small pillow or two of the watermelon red color?


And none of this solves my original problem does it? Ah well, some days just end in limbo.




4 comments:

Ada said...

face it you're just a Christmasy sort of gal

Ada said...

p.s. - my solution is a brown. A dark taupe or something else warm. That will warm up the red - make it less candy.

Creative Mama said...

white bleaches well? it might work... I think I like the pillows with the white...

diane said...

I will test it with taupe both light and dark (before I sew)...and I suppose I could make a white cover just as well as a color. But I love sewing with color and pattern (which is why I love it when Mary Sue picks out the colors for the baby quilts). If you are a neutral kind of girl like me, color sooths the spirit.