Sunday, July 27, 2008

Never say "never"






...then and now



I think I was 50 when I decided that I would no longer expose certain parts of my anatomy to public view. I freely admitted that these areas of my body, though useful and much appreciated for their long standing devotion, looked much better covered. I was, thus, free to worry and fuss about the other parts where signs of aging couldn't be so easily hidden.



So the point is, that for about fifteen years I have adamently declared to any one who seemed interested that I would NEVER wear shorts, tanktops or a bathingsuit again. Well. It is one thing to declare something while residing in Newbury Park/Camarillo where it is rarely hot enough for a fan and it is way too cold too swim, and another thing entirely when you live in Pasadena where summer temperatures routinely reach 102 degrees and your adopted in-laws have a pool. I found, like many before me, that principles are just words when bodily comfort is compromised ( I do hope I never get tortured for anything important..to keep yourself safe don't tell me any secrets).



Within the first week of a typical Pasadena summer, shorts and tank tops were reinstated into my wardrobe as acceptable articles of clothing. AND yesterday swallowing my much diminished pride, I actually bought some swimming trunks.



Life lesson: number one million and counting.

2 comments:

Ada said...

Okay hottie.

Albert said...

You were lovely then and you still are.
.. My wrinkles are akin to a prune. They say a lot about how sweet I am.