Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In the car with Abby

I have terrible night vision. I can't see street signs at night. I can't see freeway signs at night. I can't see car license plates at night. So mostly I stay home after dark unless I already know where I am going. Unfortunately, Megan and Aaron have a thing about the beach and also for restraunts in the city. In other words they insist on living and socializing out of my comfort zone. Google and I do fine in daylight, but sometimes..it gets dark.

So I purchased a GPS and on Saturday morning, before taking Abby home I program the address into the unit and it is talking to me...

Abby: Gramma why is it talking to you?
Me: It is telling me where to go.
Abby: But Gramma, you KNOW how to get to my house.
Me: Yes I do. I am just seeing how this works so that when I don't know where I am going I will know how to use it.
Abby: Oh. My Zoozie has one that shows where she is going backwards.
Me: I know, thats a very special one, but mine doesn't know how to do that.
Abby: Then how do you back up?
Me: Well, I have to be very carful when I back up to look behind me.
Abby: I can help you gramma! I can see behind.
Me: That will be great! I will appreciate your help.

Silence

Abby: ...but gramma, I won't be here ALL the times!
Me: It's ok. I will be especially careful when you are not here.

Silence

Abby: ...but my Zoozie's is the best - I'll ask her to buy you one.

1 comment:

Albert said...

Such a special little girl .. such a special gramma.