Monday, September 22, 2008

Weed Wacker

The gardener used to cut my tiny plot of lawn in under three minutes. They used one of those string trimmers and it didn't seem difficult, so I figured doing it myself was an easy way to save 10 bucks a week. Three minutes once a week and how hard could it be?

Today I spent twenty labor intensive minutes "cutting" the grass and the best thing that can be said about my lawn is that it is shorter than it was. The overall look is remeniscent of that mounding ornamental grass you see in flower beds and, in addition, my hands are so weak that I can barely type.

Now this is either a good oportunity to gain more upper body strengh, assuming that with practice I will surely become more skillful; or time to try another option - like a rotery mower. I can do that. The dear sister-in-law who loaned me the trimmer also has a push mower that I could try. My problem is (pause): THE GARAGE. I don't have room to store a lawn mower! The garage is full of my car and...and stuff! Stuff that is obviously so essential to my happiness that I won't get rid of it - it will be with me forever and ever and ever.

This story has no end...

1 comment:

Albert said...

O my dear - Are you sure you want a lawn? Condo owners NEVER have a lawn. Our garages are either full of car or full of ping pong table -- never lawn mower! Yeesh - I thought everyone knew that.
But - winter is coming!